Photobucket

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

REVIEW: Tarte Amazonian Clay long-wear Blush in Amused & Tipsy

Today I am going to be reviewing Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12hr blush in Tipsy & Amused! :)



What Tarte says:

For those who want an alternative blush to tarte's award-winning gel and cream cheek stains, we're now offering Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in 8 shades. Inspired by our best-selling cheek and lip stains, shades range from soft pink (dollface) to deep berry (flush). Used alone or with our best-selling natural cheek stains, this blush is sure to give you that natural glow.


The blushes retail for $25 for 5.6g / 0.20oz of product

First of all let me just say I lovee the packaging its soo cute! The compacts are plastic and are very travel friendly Ive taken them with me on 2 trips now. They also have a pretty embossing on the actual powder that is really nice and lasts Im always a sucker for packaging!

Both of these blushes are super pigmented and a little bit goes a long way. Its very easy to start looking like a baby doll if you have a heavy hand with these!

Amused Tipsy
There is a shadow at the bottom of the picture sorry! but the top half of the swatches are true to color!
Amused is a beautiful bright pink shade its my favorite blush of the moment. It gives a beautiful glow and color to the face. Amused is completely matte in the pan but transfers to the skin with a slight sheen

Tipsy is a coral/orangy shade it looks kind of scary in the pan but applies beautifully to the skin and also gives the skin a nice glow :) Tipsy does have shimmer running throughout it its not glittery or messy and applies with a sheen to the skin, you cant really tell that there is shimmer or glitter when its applied.

The colors I have are nice and bright and like I said before a little goes a long way, They should be applied with a light hand unless you just like bold in your face cheeks!

The blushes last a full day, Im not sure about 12 hours because I usually dont wear makeup for a full 12 hours unless its just by accident or I am to lazy to take "my face off"

I've done swatches of my blushes and these are unique to my collection, I couldnt find any dupes within my own, I like that they are powder and not the stains, While I love Tarte's Cheek Stains, 8 times out of 10 I reach for my powder blushes

No comments:

Post a Comment